A correct sleeping position prevents tension and pain in the shoulder/neck area, - a pressure relief for the whole body!
Correct sleeping position
- The pillow is the right height and fits my body. It exactly fills the gap between my head and mattress.
- The shoulder rests freely on the mattress and sinks in lightly.
- The head rests freely on the pillow.
- The neck is relaxed, the spine is in a straight line with the head and neck.
Wrong sleeping position
- The pillow is too high - as a result the head is bent upwards.
- Or the pillow is too low - as a result the head is bent downwards.
- The shoulder may also be resting on the pillow.
- The head and neck are bent upwards. Or they make a «kink» downwards: Both can lead to tension.
- The spine is bent sideways, which can lead to tension and back pain.
Did you like this post?